You should have massages as often as possible since you need to relax and recharge frequently. Organic Thai Spa offers one of the best Thai massage in Vancouver!
A massage is beneficial in relieving stress, but there are various aspects to consider.
Here is how your physical and emotional health, lifestyle, and budget can all affect how often you should have a massage, whether you’re trying to manage chronic pain, stress, or just looking to unwind
Massage Frequency Considerations
Since 2017, stress has affected 63% of Canadians, resulting in severe health problems.
This is not surprising, given that prolonged or chronic stress can put our bodies under much strain. It can cause anxiety, headaches, digestive problems, sleep disturbances, and immune system weakness.
|Work-related stress||You require a weekly or biweekly massage to manage work stress and prevent physical symptoms like tension headaches and muscle pain.
However, the effectiveness depends on your stress level, general health, and how well you react to massage therapy.
|Physical activity level||Depending on the frequency and intensity of your exercises, you might need massages once or twice a month.|
|Sedentary lifestyle||A sedentary lifestyle can cause muscle tension and stiffness, especially in the neck, and shoulders.
In these situations, getting massages every two to four weeks could aid in preventing the progression of these symptoms.
|Sleep patterns||Insufficient or poor sleep quality can increase stress, tense muscles, and headaches.
Regular weekly or biweekly massages may help with relaxation and enhance sleep quality.
Physical and Mental Health Status
Most people go for massages for these reasons:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Relieve pain
- Improve overall physical and mental well-being
However, the frequency of massage required to achieve these benefits can vary depending on an individual’s physical and mental health status.
For instance, a 60-minute massage session once or twice a month may do the trick if you have stress and anxiety.
According to Mayo Clinic, this may raise your serotonin (feel-good hormone) levels by 28%.
On the other hand, back pain caused by injuries may need a daily deep tissue massage for up to 10 days by a professional. Recovering from injuries, especially those involving muscles or joints, may require regular massages to help speed up healing.
How frequently you should get a massage depends on how much time and money you have to spend.
Personal Priorities. Depending on why you require treatments, you can determine how to prioritize regular massages by figuring out how to fit them into your schedule and budget. For example, If you have a chronic condition, such as sleep disorders, high blood pressure, or low back pain, it may be worth prioritizing massage to control your symptoms.
Lifestyle Factors. If you spend your days sitting at a desk or lead a sedentary lifestyle, you may require massages more frequently. Following a massage, your neck and shoulders may feel less tense.
Using a Professional Massage Therapist
No matter how frequently you schedule a treatment, you should never do so without consulting a professional.
A qualified massage therapist can advise you on the best frequency of sessions based on your specific needs and preferences. A professional therapist can also create a plan tailored to your wellness objectives.
So, you should always hire a licensed massage therapist for all your sessions.
Tips for Choosing a Professional Massage Therapist
Here are some tips you can use when selecting a qualified massage therapist:
- Always select a licensed massage therapist registered with a professional regulatory body. The professional should also have completed a recognized massage therapy program. The body regulating massage therapy in Canada is the Federation of Massage Therapy Regulatory Authorities of Canada (FOMTRAC).
- To ensure the massage therapist you select has a good reputation, check online reviews, ask friends and family for recommendations, or contact the regulatory body.
- A good massage therapist should be able to comprehend your needs and address your concerns, so consider their communication skills. Additionally, they ought to be able to explain the benefits of massage therapy for your health.
- Consider the qualifications and areas of specialization of massage therapists. For instance, some massage therapists focus on prenatal, sports, deep tissue, or Thai massage. Decide on a massage therapist with training in the kind of massage therapy you require.
- Visit the massage therapist’s office or spa to understand their work environment and professionalism.
Get Professional Thai Massage Therapy
If you want an immersive and fully rejuvenating massage, check out our soothing traditional therapies available at Organic Thai Spa.
We offer revitalizing body treatments and calming ancient techniques in a luxurious and serene atmosphere.
Our authentic Thai massage treatments have many additional advantages for your physical and mental health, such as increased flexibility, lowered muscle tension, improved immune system function, and reduced stress.
Prioritize your health and well-being by contacting us today to make an appointment.